MUG | PINK EXPANDER |
Hi friends! I know for some of you school has started already, so I wanted to share some of my organizing tips that I use for back to school that I have found really useful over the years!
1. Write It Down. I bring my planner with my everywhere! It saves me so much stress when I have a hectic schedule and can easily whip out my planner and write down when I have work, classes, and assignments I have. It’s a great way to manage your time and to plan ahead. I found really cute ones at Target that you can find here and here!
2. Don’t Procrastinate! Just don’t. I know this common sense, but in High School I was Queen of procrastinating. But once I started college I wanted to change that and break that habit. Especially going to a school where it is project based I NEED to plan out ahead of when to get my stuff together! So once I get a project assigned, I write out in my planner when I need to start on it and when I need to get it done by! That way I can get it done before the due date and check it off my list:) This has saved me so much stress and has helped me manage my time better with my crazy schedules.
3. Keep an Organized Work Space. When I do homework I want to be comfortable and just do my work on my bed or couch, but it helps me to get more done when I’m sitting at a desk and working in an organized area. So I try to keep my desk area really clean and have as little things possible on it.
4. Prepare the night before. If you have school or work in the morning it’s helpful to pack your bag the night before. This helps your mornings go by smoother and faster, especially if you’re not a morning person:) (I also do this with planning an outfit in the morning to get ready faster.)
The night before school or an early work day I will pack all my assignments, my planner, charger wallet, laptop.. whatever I need for the day because in the morning right after waking up my brain just doesn’t want to function before coffee!
Last quarter during finals week it was a super hectic day and I was rushing one morning. And I FORGOT MY FOLDER WITH MY FINAL SKETCHES IN IT!
I didn’t realize until I was on the train to LA and luckily my teacher was so nice and accepted it late, but it was not fun. So just learn from my mistakes.
5. Meal Prep. One thing I always forget to do in the morning, usually if I’m running late, is to pack a lunch or make myself breakfast! I usually will forget or run out of time! So now I try to make a lunch for myself the night before so that I can just grab it and go!
6. Wright a list! I’m a list and planner person for sure! Sometimes if I get overwhelmed I just take out my planner or write a list of all the things I need to do and it helps with my anxiety a lot! I also will keep a note pad on my night stand if there is something I need to do in the morning before leaving or to write down things I want to accomplish that week! It’s also great to keep a pen and note pad if you have ideas or forget things in the middle of the night.
I hope you all enjoy some of these tips! These have really helped me with staying organized especially during the school year so I don’t turn into a stress ball 🙂
Have a great week xoxo!