Hey guys! Hope you’re all having a good Monday! I wanted to show you a SUPER easy frayed jeans DIY! I bought Levi frayed jeans from Anthropologie and I love them! I know that the frayed denim trend is super popular right now but can also be expensive. So I took a pair of my old jeans to show you how I fray them myself.
DIY FRAY JEANS:
1. Grab a pair of jeans! They can be skinny, flared, straight leg or whatever your heart desires.
2. All you need is a pair of scissors, chalk or a pen, and tweezers.
3. Take your jeans and measure where you want to cut them off with chalk or a pen. ( I measured an inch from the seam of my jeans.)
4. Using scissors, cut straight across the line you just drew. This will create a new, raw edge.
5. Look at the fabric up close. You’ll see there are threads weaving both vertically and horizontally. (It may be easier to see this by folding up the new hem.) Using a seam ripper or tweezers, begin to pull out threads that run horizontally across the denim.
6. Continue pulling the horizontal threads until the jeans have reached your desired level of fraying.
If you want to give your jeans an even more distressed look, use sandpaper to rub the hem or stick them in the dryer like I did. Over time your jeans will continue to fray as you wear and wash them!
And there you have it! Thanks for reading have a great week! xoxo